Welcome to the world of Narrowboating

To risk is to live!

Wednesday 17 October 2012

PS to last post

I have been in touch with a lovely helpful lady at the fracture clinic at the hospital (another very clean, efficient and friendly hospital). She has translated what the consultant said. 20% means I can rest my foot on the ground when standing but whilst walking I should bear almost all my weight on my other leg and crutches. In the third week I can start taking more weight on my leg, building up to 75% which is almost normal walking BUT never doing it without the support of my crutches. Simples!

2 comments:

Lynda Alsford said...

I am glad you have found out how much weight you can bear. I can't imagine how frustrating it must be to have to sit around all day doing nothing. I would hate it and I am normally lazy. Someone more active must really hate it!

Hoping you get fully better soon.

Mandy Wright said...

Thanks for the sympathy Lynda. You are right, it is hugely frustrating but as a wise friend says - this too will pass.