Welcome to the world of Narrowboating

To risk is to live!

Wednesday 14 March 2012

Released!

At last we are free of the shed and have resumed living in the light! We were finally let out on Friday – so nearly two weeks of incarceration. It’s been worth it though. The roof looks tremendous after having seven coats of paint applied – if you count the primer and undercoats. I should have taken a photo – never mind – one to follow. The engineer has also had another go at solving a persistent coolant leak in my engine. I’m not entirely convinced that he has cracked it but we will see. I have dried the engine bilge and we will see in the coming days whether it stays dry.

A more important releasing is now confirmed. My last working day is 31st May. The shop is due to close some time in July and I would have been willing to stay till the bitter end if my bosses had been reasonable regarding the financial situation, but no, although they have agreed to give me a good reference. So I am deep into planning the next few months. It is so exciting. I am going to take the boat out from June until the end of August. Then home for some boring stuff like car servicing and pet inoculating. Then a shorter cruise before a family wedding in October. Late Autumn will be taken up with visits to friends and relatives before hibernating for the winter. Job hunting will then commence. It will be the first time in my life that I will not be answerable to anybody else and I can’t wait!

1 comment:

Lynda Alsford said...

Really pleased you have been released!! Must be such a relief for both of you. You must be so looking forward to your cruise!