Welcome to the world of Narrowboating

To risk is to live!

Thursday 26 January 2012

Poor Sick Bonny

I have been nursing a sickly little dog for the last 9 days. She managed to eat something containing poison – goodness knows where from - and it made her extremely ill. I will spare you the grotty details but we are now on day 10 and I had my first uninterrupted night’s sleep last night! I’m fairly certain we are over the worst now as she has stopped leaking from both ends and is managing to eat a little. The vet dosed her up (and charged me £70) and that has definitely helped.
I know she is ‘only’ a dog but she is my only company and having had her from a wee pup, I treat her more like a child than a dog. So when she is ill, I go through the torments of the damned! It’s amazing how the petty things I usually worry about all fade away as all my attention is focused on Bonny’s health. It will be good to remember how insignificant those worries became when something really important was going on. Then, perhaps, I can keep those worries in proportion and not let them outgrow themselves.
Here is Bonny when she is feeling more like herself…
11 weeks
This is her at 11 weeks, just before she came to live with me.





my lovely cruising dog






And this is her all grown up. She is a little star!

1 comment:

Lynda Alsford said...

Ohhh poor Bonny. Give her a hug from me. I am the same with my cat. Definitely my furry baby! Glad she appears to be on the mend now!