Welcome to the world of Narrowboating

To risk is to live!

Tuesday 29 October 2013

Whether the weather...

Well, the storm passed us by. In fact I have heard more wind coming out of my dog than I heard that night! We were very lucky though as many other parts of the country suffered badly. Lynda, I note what you said about your part of the country - very sad. I felt a little silly though after putting an extra mooring rope on and hiding my planters, but you know what they say, better safe...

The next item on my things to worry about list is the winter. Radio 4 keep banging on about how incredibly cold it is going to be and others have pointed to the profusion of berries on all the trees and bushes around here as a sure sign of a harsh winter (could be an old wife's tale - not sure). Then someone on the TV said that this winter will make 2010 seem like spring! Here is a reminder of that winter...


Ah well, at least I've got my home owning friend Stan to help out this year. he has already provided me with free wood and has offered his tap if the water should freeze and his bath if I can't waste water on showers. He is a good friend. And if it's a harsh winter, it makes spring that much sweeter!

No comments: